March 18, 2021
Rheos Medicines is developing a platform for drug discovery and development in the novel area of immunometabolism. We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative member for the Informatics team, who will work at the leading intersection of informatics and bioinformatics. This individual will be the interface between informatics and computational biology team, as well as working closely with biologists, immunologists, and chemists to develop the data management and visualization platform to enable the data science and machine learning capabilities at Rheos.
- Build and maintain scientific tools and infrastructures for drug discovery research through researching, developing, and integrating new technologies and computational approaches to enhance and accelerate scientific research
- Data preparation, analysis and visualization utilizing programming and scripting using R, Python and SQL
- Develop and deploy informatics pipelines for processing and managing scientific data
- Partnering with other departments and project teams to develop informatics solutions to satisfy business needs
- Lead requirement gathering and documenting requirements
- Build, maintain and optimize in-house databases/warehouse for data analysis and mining
- Managing the electronic laboratory notebook system and other 3rd party informatics software including developing integrations and templates as well as monitoring compliance across the organization
- Strive to continuously improve Rheos informatics platform by identifying unmet needs and implementing creative solutions with buy-in from users
- Ensure appropriate training and assistance is provided to the users of Informatics software and tools
- Develop and promote best practices for scientific data capture, integration, and analysis
- Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or in a related field with 5+ years of professional software engineering experience or PhD with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing software applications/tools using R, Python, Java and SQL in Linux and Window environments.
- Strong hands-on experience in developing R-Shiny applications and some experience in creating data visualizations using any other visualization platforms such as Spotfire, tableau, and PowerBI etc.
- Hands-on experience in relational database and/or data warehouse design and expertise in writing SQL queries, Procedures, and functions etc. (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience in deploying, administrating, customizing Scientific software applications such as Sapio Exemplar LIMS, Gene Data and Arxspan ELN etc., and integrating with custom applications and tools.
- Experience with Git version control systems such as GitLab and GitHub etc. and project tracking tools such as Jira and trello.
- Experience in setting up and configuring software development and deployment environments (CI/CD and package managers etc.) on AWS or on any other cloud platform
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual who is willing to learn new tools and technologies with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a geographically dispersed development team
- Prior experience in biotech/pharma industry in drug discovery
- AWS certifications or DevOps experience with any of the cloud platforms will be a strong plus