January 27, 2021
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic (Senior) Research Associate within the Cellular Metabolism team. The successful candidate will make important contributions to our systems-biology approach by generating high-quality metabolomics datasets from a variety of immunological sample types using state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation. The candidate will support target identification and biomarker discovery goals within a cross functional team setting.
- Perform sample preparation for small molecule bioanalysis
- Operate liquid chromatography, mass spectrometers, and other analytical equipment in the core facility
- Perform basic optimization and troubleshooting of bioanalytical methods and instruments
- Perform both global metabolomics and targeted metabolite analyses
- Analyze data with established informatics tools
- Present results within the Cellular Metabolism team and to project teams
- Maintain accurate and detailed electronic scientific notebook
- B.S. with 2+ years lab-based experience or M.S. degree in chemistry, biology, engineering, or related field
- General knowledge of chemical separation science and mass spectrometry. Hands-on experience using and maintaining mass spectrometers is a plus
- Experience handling cells, plasma, tissues, and other biological matrices.
- Ability to understand and follow protocols to perform high-throughput, quantitative bioanalysis
- Proficiency with data analysis software (Microsoft Office Suite, GraphPad Prism, Spotfire, etc.). Additional bioinformatics skills to analyze big data sets is a plus
- Strong work ethic, good team player, and highly organized
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with effective time-management and communication skills