November 04, 2020
Rheos is seeking an exceptional scientist to join the Cellular Metabolism team. The successful candidate will be an expert in analytical chemistry, metabolomics, and biomarker development, and has experience operating in a matrixed drug discovery environment.
- Represent Cellular Metabolism in drug discovery teams: (I) Support the teams’ biomarker strategies, goals and timelines, (II) In conjunction with functional and program team members design and execute exploratory metabolomics experiments to elucidate mechanistic links between target engagement and immune function, (III) develop targeted and quantitative LC-MS analytical assays for metabolite biomarkers, and (IV) work with CROs on assay implementation and sample analysis.
- Develop and employ novel bioanalytical approaches to help address programmatic questions related to drug discovery. Examples of such activities include method optimization for individual metabolites of interest, the development of novel tracing studies, and contribution to metabolomics platform development.
- Analyze, compile, and communicate the results of studies on a regular basis in relevant settings such as team meetings.
- External communication in the form of publications and presentations at scientific conferences and meetings is expected.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a closely related field, such as Chemical Engineering.
- A minimum of 2-8 years’ experience beyond PhD.
- Experience with a wide variety of sample preparation and separation approaches for small molecules, as well as mass spectrometry operation and troubleshooting.
- Extensive method development experience in metabolomics, lipidomics, and targeted mass spectrometry assays for small molecule quantitation.
- Industry drug development experience a must
- Background in DMPK, bioanalysis, or biomarker development supporting drug discovery.
- Mass spec data processing, analysis, and organizational capabilities are central to the position; beyond operation of commercial mass spec software, this will include extensive use of Spotfire, Prism, as well as in-house proprietary software packages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Desire to function successfully in a cross-functional, matrix-based research organization.
- Hands on experience with Q-ToF and Q-Exactive instrumentation is preferred.
- Familiarity with development of SOPs for the analysis of specific sets of metabolites and their metabolism.
- Working knowledge of cellular metabolism is critical for this position.