November 02, 2020
The Senior Accounting Manager / Associate Director will play an important role in a growing Accounting and Finance department for our preclinical and pre revenue stage private company with aspirations of becoming public in the future. They will partner with the VP of Finance to ensure all operational aspects and reporting requirements for the company are fulfilled while building the team.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems while ensuring that the company’s accounting procedures and reported results conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Lead the financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results, including equity, revenue recognition and R&D accruals and leases
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements
- Prepare and or review general ledger account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee payroll and accounts payable consultants
- Manage annual audit process with external auditor
- Revenue recognition for existing and new collaborations from technical accounting memo to implementation and tracking
- Working with the team on establishing appropriate processes leading to SOX compliance
- Assist in the review of the Corp tax filing for the Company including the completion of tax reporting forms (1099, Sales & Use Taxes, etc.)
- Ad hoc projects as requested
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA certification required
- Experience working within the finance department of an operating company preferred; biotechnology industry experience also preferred
- A mix of public accounting and public company accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP and both day-to-day and technical accounting is a must
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to support a fast-growing business
- Ability and desire to work in a small company where the opportunity to work across many areas exists
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Prior software/system implementations preferred
- Excellent MS Excel required