October 01, 2020
We are currently seeking an innovative Associate Scientist/Scientist level Structural Biologist to join our growing Lead Discovery Group. This individual will work closely with fellow structural biologists, biochemists, and medicinal chemists and contribute their expertise and structural perspective to help advance our pipeline of novel immunometabolic drug targets from validation and hit finding activities to candidate selection. We are looking for someone who is determined and creative that will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues in lead discovery, biology, and chemistry to develop target-specific structural biology strategies.
- Design built-for-purpose protein constructs and assist in optimizing recombinant protein expression and purification protocols.
- Crystallization, X-ray structure determination, and analysis of drug targets and their complexes with small molecules, primarily through work with external collaborators.
- Regularly update multi-disciplinary project teams and work closely with the chemistry group while guiding structure-based compound design.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or PhD in structural biology, biophysics, or closely related field
- 5+ years (Bachelors or Masters) or 1-3 years (PhD) of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry setting
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing built-for-purpose (e.g. biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology) recombinant protein constructs, expression in bacterial, insect, and mammalian hosts, and purification using various tags and chromatographic techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in protein crystallization and X-ray crystal structure solution and analysis of protein-small molecule complexes
- Extensive knowledge of protein structure and function and ability to articulate complex structural information to a broad audience
- Experience managing protein production and structural biology projects through collaboration with external CRO partners is preferred.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to champion structural biology insight and lead discovery goals in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and goal-oriented environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Outstanding communication skills (interpersonal, verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of structure-based drug design (SBDD) and fragment-based lead discovery (FBLD) concepts and workflows
- Working knowledge of computational chemistry or computer aided drug design (CADD) using modern modeling and design tools.
- Experience with other biophysical techniques (e.g. CryoEM, NMR, SPR) is desirable.
Please submit a cover letter along with resume for consideration
Rheos Medicines is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rheos Medicines complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.