September 23, 2020
The Senior Research Associate/ Associate Scientist, Biochemist will provide essential support to small molecule drug discovery programs through the development and utilization of in vitro biochemical assays. The ideal candidate will employ a variety of biochemical/biophysical techniques to develop enzymatic assays and validate small molecule chemical matter.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization while parallel processing several key activities simultaneously
- Develop enzymatic assays to support Rheos’s drug discovery pipeline, including high-throughput screening and selectivity panels
- Assess activity and substrate specificity for enzyme preparations
- Utilize biochemical/biophysical assays to prioritize/validate screening hits
- Generate SOP documents
- Manage uploading of data to an internal database
- BS/MS degree with 5 – 10 years drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology setting with a focus on biochemistry and mechanistic enzymology.
- Cell biology assay experience (generation/optimization of cell assays to interrogate small molecule inhibitors) is considered an advantage
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process, with the ability to plan and troubleshoot problems arising in biochemical assay development/screening.
- Experience with implementing a variety of assay formats, such as TR-FRET, AlphaLISA, FP, Radiometric, Luminescence, Mass Spectrometry (RapidFire), etc.
- Experience with external collaborations (CROs) is an advantage, but not required.
- Can-do attitude and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.